Who do you think is more confident in this scenario? Let’s assume that Cindy and Jack are equally qualified and capable .
- Well educated – Cindy graduated from Berkeley with a 3.4 GPA and majored in electrical engineering and Jack graduated from SF state with a 2.7 GPA and majored in marketing.
- Extensive work experience – Both have worked for 15+ years. Cindy worked in consulting and now for a fortune 100 company as a product management leader. Jack worked mainly in started up and is in his 8th start up as director of marketing.
- Had some setbacks – Cindy has been laid off once in her career. Jack has experienced about 4 lay offs so far.
Who do you think is more confident – Jack or Cindy?
- Cindy is more confident than Jack.
- Jack is more confident than Cindy.
- Cindy and Jack are equally confident.
- Cindy and Jack are equally insecure.
Your comments: Please vote below. Tell us what you think is the point of this soft skills workout. How would you applied what you learned here to your own confidence? I look forward to your vote and comments.
Like this exercise? Then help me out by sharing it on Linkedin, Email, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
New to this site? Start here – Soft Skills – How to Succeed like an executive
Best wishes to your career success.