A friend recommended a great article in the New York Times on how to improve your job search efforts. It’s called Still Looking for a Job? It’s Time to Refocus written in March 2008. I agree with every word and have been talking about it throughout this blog. I really like the way they summarized it and thought I share. Key points are
- Ask for brutally honest feedback
- Tailor your resume to each job your apply – use their wording
- Ask for advice instead of jobs from contacts
- Network online using Linkedin and Facebook
- Be a problem solver in interviews
- Set realistic expectations about how much effort it takes to get an offer.
Enjoy and good luck out there!