When practicing mock interviews, it’s important to ask specific questions after the interview to get the feedback that you need to improve. Here are some sample feedback questions to ask. This set of questions assumes that before the mock interview, you briefed your friend on the details of the job you are applying.
Open ended questions
- In what areas of the interview did I do well?
- In what areas of the interview can I improve? why and how can I improve?
- If you were the actual interviewer, would you recommend me for more interviews? why or why not? (only relevant if this friend works in the same field as the job you are applying)
- What 3 adjectives would you use to describe your impression of me during this interview and why?
- Any other general comments?
- After interviewing me, how would you describe 1) my level of qualification for this job 2) any concerns come to mind? (only relevant if this friend works in the same field as the job you are applying)
- Knowing me and my skills, do you think I represent myself well in this interview? How can I improve how I explain my experience and qualification? (only relevant if this friend knows your skill set well)
- Does my previous experience make sense and support my application for this job?
- Did I explain the gap in employment well? do you have any concerns? tips for improving it?
- How well did I handle an unexpected question?
- Did I come across succinct, clear, and to the point? How is my general communication style?
- Did the examples I provided relevant and convincing?
- Am I listening well enough and answering the questions you asked?
- Am I providing enough details in my answer?
- How is my body language while answering the question?
- How is my demeanor in the interview?
- If you had to describe me to someone else regarding my experience and my qualification for this job, what would you say?
- Did you think the follow up questions I asked at the end the interview, appropriate? what does it say about me? What other questions would you have asked?
This is just a starting list. I am sure you can think of a few more. Please feel free to add more in the comments to help everyone else. thanks and good luck with your interviews.